With over 100 years of focused innovation, Haldex holds unrivalled expertise in brake systems and air suspension systems for heavy trucks, trailers and buses. Haldex develops and provides reliable and innovative solutions that improve safety, vehicle dynamics and environmental sustainability in the global commercial vehicle industry.
Haldex product range includes
A Swedish company established for over a century, Haldex develops reliable and innovative solutions that improve safety, vehicle dynamics and environmental sustainability in the global commercial vehicle and PSV industry. With unrivalled expertise in bus brake systems and air suspension systems, Haldex is the world’s leading supplier of brake adjusters for drum brakes and has the fastest growing market share for air disc brakes.
Imperial Engineering is proud to be a Haldex UK distributor, supplying a whole range of Haldex bus parts and Haldex brake products from its Hertfordshire facility.
Imperial Engineering’s product portfolio for Haldex UK includes:
Brake Adjusters (Haldex Slack Adjusters)
Whether it is the well-known classic AA1 or the S-ABA, the original Haldex automatic brake adjuster is the number one worldwide choice when it comes to Haldex brake products
As the very first clearance-sensing brake adjuster, the Haldex AA1 Slack Adjuster offers customers a higher level of technical efficiency, safety and reliability. It is designed to adjust exactly and gradually when it matters, maintaining a constant clearance between lining and drum, whatever the conditions or driver’s braking style. The adjustment mechanism is integrated into a robust, high-quality housing that protects it from knocks, dirt and moisture and assures a long service life even in hostile driving environments.
- Constantly maintains brake lining-to-drum clearance, reducing stopping distances and increasing driver’s confidence under all conditions
- Heat-treated housing extends life and minimizes internal wear
- Heat-treated, high strength, high alloy steel internal gears withstand wear
- Reliable o-ring seals improve protection from moisture, dirt and road salt
- Verifies proper installation at a glance through its built-in visual indicator, eliminating the cumbersome templates needed to check other ABAs.
Through its innovative self-setting flexible design, the Haldex S-ABA Automatic Brake Adjuster offers two benefits which revolutionise brake adjuster fitting: a free selection of control arm position and error-free installation.
The Haldex S-ABA functions correctly whatever the position of the control arm. Previously a brake adjuster could only function properly with the control arm in one pre-designated position. Self-setting means no more time-consuming adjustments during installation to fix the control arm to achieve the correct predetermined running clearance.
- Quick and easy installation
- Establishes own reference point so no need to pre-set control arm
- Durable and with predictable performance
- Robust design applicable for all drum brake installations
What sets Haldex UK apart:
- Global market leader with over 75 Million Brake Adjusters sold
- Better durability and reliability, which provides a longer service life
- Reliable ring seal prevents contamination from moisture, dirt and road salt
- Adjusts during brake release when forces on the adjuster are at their lowest which prolongs life
- Clearance-sensing design prevents excessive brake wear and failed roadside inspection, which reduces operating and downtime costs
- Simplifies adjustment during installation and brake lining replacement with an easily accessible adjustment hex – requiring no locking pawls to remove or disengage.
Haldex Air Treatment (Air Dryers)
Haldex air treatment products work individually or in combination to minimise the build-up of water, oil and other contaminants while minimising maintenance. Haldex UK products include:
- Air Dryers
- Air Dryer Cartridges
- Consep Condensors
Haldex Consep, a low maintenance air pre-treatment condenser/separator, is especially designed for severe duty cycle application such as the heavy loads and frequent stops of city traffic operation.
Within the vehicle’s air brake system, the Haldex Consep condenses, separates and removes 90% of the oils, liquids and other contaminants, while treating up to 30 CFM. Installed correctly, the Haldex Consep reduces corrosion and possible failure of air brake system components caused by contamination, which significantly increases the air dryer desiccant life.
- Pre-separator with high capacity installed between compressor and Air Dryer
- Easy to retrofit
- Removes oil, liquid and other contaminates prior to passage through the air system
- Purges contaminants with each brake application
- Reduces corrosion and possible failure of air system components caused by contamination.
Why not search the range of Haldex bus parts available at Imperial Engineering
For further information on the range of Haldex bus parts please contact Imperial Engineering’s sales team today for expert, friendly advice.